TWIGA means giraffe in Swahili - among land mammals, giraffe is the one with the biggest heart. TWIGA is us – a team of parents who loved babywearing with a big heart. Using wraps and baby carriers we were always having problems with clothes for us and our babies that would let us both feel comfortable and look good. We believe that TWIGA clothes fulfill these needs. They are made with care, functional and smart coats, sweatshirts, hoodies and accessories that we provide with pleasure to mothers and fathers all over the world. And we still like to wear them by ourselves – even though children of some of us have already grewn out from babywearing :)
It all began from babywearing which changed my life forever :) I didn't know it at all before my daughter was born. It wasn't easy. She was a high need baby, had awful colics and she didn't like her buggy. That's why we tried babywearing. It was a suprising change - Jagoda was finally satisfied and I had my hands free :)
A TWIGA project was born in my head when I was about to come back to work after my maternity leave. I didn't :) I decided to make my dream come true and I started designing clothes for babywearing parents. I, myself, had often problem with finding babywearing clothes that would give me comfort and let just look good.
Marta Czajka, TWIGA's founder and owner
We operate from Poland...
We knew from the beginning that the entire production of our clothes will take place here in Poland. And despite the fact that our company has grown up a lot since this time it is still so today. We sew clothes on our own and any of the production stages is not outsourced to Asian countries, considered as the cheap ones. Thanks to it we have control over the whole process of production and we know that we provide you garments of the highest quality, which will serve you for years.
…but you can find us worldwide
TWIGA babywearing coats, hoodies and covers appreciated by moms and dads in many countries. Our products are popular among parents in United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Germany, Italy, USA or Canada. We are always happy to see TWIGA products on your photos, both those bathed in southern sunlight and with austere northern landscapes in background :)
Let's know ourselves better
We are still active in babywearing parents' community. You can often meet us on local babywearing events here in Poznań. We always try to be present (or at least deliver our products) to most important events in Poland, like Poland's Babywearing Conference, #nicminiewisi (#carrynotscary) Festival or SSS Challenge. You can try on our babywearing clothes in a couple of brick and mortage shops in Poland and abroad (UK, USA – check here: ). We always invite you to our office in Poznań, a baby-friendly place with changing table, sofa for breastfeeding, toys and floor safe for crawling for your little one and tasty coffee for you :)
TWIGA means giraffe in Swahili - among land mammals, giraffe is the one with the biggest heart; with such a big heart we provide babywearing parents all over the world with comfortable, functional and well-made clothing that gives them cosiness while they are close with their babies.
- We help you to be closer with your baby, making sure both of you are warm, comfortable and good-looking.
- Our clothes accommodate your special needs, are comfortable, aesthetic, and well made.
- In particular, we make a point that they are versatile, so that you can use it not only while babywearing, but on a daily basis and without your baby.
- Tailor-made products or special orders allow us to fit the mommy’s shape so that she feels good and attractive.
- Our products are sewn from top quality materials, by us or in cooperation with small tailor shops.
- We want to make even more new designs for parents and breastfeeding mothers.
- We are creating a parents-friendly place, where they can learn about attachment parenting or wearing their babies in wraps and ergonomic carriers, and where they will get support in those difficult parenting moments.